Saturday, August 14, 2010

Procrastination

I have it bad.
My mother doesn't at all.
I do.
My grandfather probably most certainly didn't.
But I do.
PD.....procrastination disorder.

It's weird.
While back to work this week, I noticed from 7:30 to 4:00 I really wouldn't get much done but once everyone was gone and all temptation had left, from 4:00 to 6:30 I'd be more productive then I had been all day. (6:30 was the time I wanted to leave by so I could watch Andrea swim the last half hour of her daily 2 hour swim team practice.)

Today, officially my last Saturday of summer, I excused myself from several responsibilities all in the name of "I have lots to do for Work today". And still, here I am at 10:17 at night and I really haven't gotten a lot accomplished today when it comes to stuff for school.
I did put a few finishing touches on a PowerPoint that I have created for the first day of school (first week of school in my case since I will see each one of my new 19 classes only once a week). I created the PP hoping to "kick it up a notch" when it comes to going over the rules and procedures. Rules and procedures were always the crappy part of the first day of school.
I did sit and listen to McKenna much more often today and sincerely listened to the amazing details of her imaginary play.
I did witness Andrea finish the last of her two book briefs that were assigned for summertime homework - really!?! I can't believe we assign summer homework!
I did get to visit with a good friend when she stopped by for a visit and I did get to text another.
I did get to catch a little bit of church via the internet.
I did get to read and read some more from my new favorite blog that I mentioned before www.pioneerwoman.com
I did check out another blog a friend recommended...she said I could do this.....not so sure...
www.tomkat.blogspot.com
I did create a new banner for the top of my blog...(was supposed to be designing my new classroom blog).....
And I discovered something new called "effects" in Photoshop! Most of you probably knew about this already! I learned about this feature from The Pioneer Woman. She even had free effects to add to my collection.......only after spending way too long on it (which only aided my procrastination disorder) I couldn't get the new ones to work.

I did manage this effect on at least one photo though. (it's called "carved")


This was taken of McKenna when she was 6 years old. I forgot just how much I loved those little wisps of hair that would kiss the side of McKenna's face when she wore her hair pulled back. Now that she has short hair, I hardly ever see these any more.

Well, with groceries, a trip to the library, a trip to Staples and yummy trip to Mimi's for our weekly luncheon with Nana on the agenda tomorrow, in true procrastination form, that'll leave me just a few hours to get "school stuff" done. I imagine, I'll either be very productive or sick to my stomach. Since I always have insomnia the night before the first day of school, I'll have plenty of time to be ready for that first week of school.

Peace ya'll.
and good-night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new piece you did for McKenna.

I also enjoyed your list of what you DID accomplish.

If you can follow McK's imaginations, you are doing very well.

Such a blessing, is imagination!
Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails