Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hanging on for as long as I can

Yep, I'm hanging on to every last moment of summer by tooth and nail!
When summer started, we girlie girls treated ourselves to pedicures and manicures. Well, since summer is almost over you can imagine we were in great need of new ones, however, after the "back to school expenses" I wasn't as motivated to pay for new ones. So, I figured we could do it ourselves. (I'm afraid we owe Grandma an I.O.U.). Well, not near as good as the professionals, but almost as much fun.

The truth is, I'm really struggling with this going back to school thing. I mean, wah-wah, I need to stop with the pity party. People go to work ALL the time and a good part of our population doesn't get summers off. How lucky am I?!? But I just hate the trying to juggle home and work.
I've only been back to work for 3 days and already the bathrooms need cleaning, the floor needs vacuuming and the laundry needs to be washed......
Okay, here's what I've really been avoiding:

Planning. And I like planning. Well, I like creating calendars and appearing organized. But, I really seem to have a mental block right now. I just can't seem to get the creative ideas flowing.
Okay, feeling a little better now that I've had some blog time.
I'll keep ya posted.
Melle
(I've posted twice tonight so be sure to keep reading.)

PS - I've added a link to my blog list for www.thepioneerwoman.com . I guess it's really a website instead of a blog, but she updates it frequently. I've really enjoyed reading it and thought I'd share just in case you are someone who likes to follow blogs like me. She tells tales of how she went from high heels to cowboy boots and of life on their Oklahoma farm. She has beautiful pictures too! Enjoy.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hey there Melle, I am struggling with very soon having to hear that 6:00am alarm...I want summer to go on just a bit longer. One more week of being able to sleep until 8:00am and I am going to enjoy each day! Hope you get past your creative block soon, I know how frustrating that can be. Gave some thought to your blog name dilema and here is what I came up with. The artful journey, art happenings, artists at work, a work of heART...sorry not really very clever but I thought I would throw them out there for you, wink. Hope you have a great week, and hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

So sweet, the summer's passing

and what wonderful memories you've planted for us to share!

Love,
Y.M.

P.S Whoever wrote "Tobin Bridge" is a true genius, another Bob Dylan and possibly much more.

Anonymous said...

Yvonne,

Heart or heART sounds cool, but when you look at it, has the "he" in it.

You gotta have ART

would be better, like you've got to have Art, type thing.
Just my two centavos

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails