Friday, August 6, 2010

Ramblings

Just the other day I was reflecting outloud with friends,
"I wonder what this world would be like if athletes got paid what teachers did and if teachers got paid what athletes did?"

Then, this morning while doing another never ending load of laundry, I was thinking about the events of last night.....
although teachers may not yet be paid like athletes, I am here to tell you, for our children, teachers still far out rank them.
A child's whole life can be affected by who their teacher is; how they feel about that teacher; the things they do with that teacher; the words that teacher says are powerful, I mean really powerful.

My dear teacher friends, I mean you know this, but as you get ready to embark on another school year, I just wanted to say, YOU are exactly where you should be. YOU are exactly where God wants you. YOU are such an important part of each child you touch. What a gift we have been given. I know, when I think about it, it's more power than I can handle. It overwhelms me.
But just know, YOU are amazing and so important to all the children you have been given.
So, so very important.
Melle

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love this post, because it is so true! It is truly a powerful position being a teacher. I hope that you have a great year! I know that any child that crosses your path will be lucky to have you as one of those powerful role models.

melle said...

Thanks Yvonne.
Thank you so much.
I'm just sorry it took me this long to realize how blessed I've been.
Here's to another amazing year in our daughter's lives.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails