Monday, June 18, 2012

Well....it's about time!

I'm sure I've said it before....well, I've certainly thunk it before....when I fall this far behind on my blog posts, I ultimately put it off because I just don't know where to start in order to "catch up"....

So, yesterday was Daddy's Day and that seems as good a place as any :o)

I got to post this photo to Facebook yesterday:


and left this comment: "It may not have been God's plan to give me the daddy I always dreamed of, but I am very grateful I married the man I always dreamed my children would have for a father. Happy Father's Day - I love you so much!"   hmm,hmm pretty much says it all :o)
This photo was taken this past Saturday night at a friends 50th Wedding Anniversary and affirmation of vows. It was very nice and I'm glad we got to be there. Scott was asked to play his bagpipes, which was pretty cool.

The girls helped out with the dollar dance.

Other photos I found that I thought I'd post in honor of Father's Day are these:

Taken in The Villages at the International Music Festival in January of 2012

Taken in The Villages at Church on the Square Christmas of 2010

Taken while visiting daddy one day at work in Palatka (photo says 2006 - hope that's right!) WOW!

If you can detect a slight change in my tone while documenting my photos....you do know me well!
Part of my recent absence is because of my work with our family photos.
It's a two part project;
1. I have millions of photos saved on this computer, but they are barely organized.....I've spent a few hours on that this morning.....
2. I have this desperate yearning to scan old family photos and document their stories...a task I've attempeted before through scrapbooking, but alas it was taking so long, I'd never get it finished. So now, I've just jumped to the Publisher program in my computer and seem to be getting some of the task done. 

Here are some favorites from the past few days:


This is a photo of my Great-Grandfather. Our family name on my mother's side is "Ballif"; ain't it cool that he owned his own store? This was in Whithey, Idaho. Yes, I come from a strong line of Mormon background. No multiple wives, that we know of though. {wink} We even have street signs with the Ballif name on them in Salt Lake City, Utah!


And this is Scott when he was only a few weeks old. This is four generations of Broaderick men - so cool!
(Pictured r to l: Grandma Dorothy, Scott's Dad Charlie, his Great-grandfather Charles Calvin and his Grandfather Charles Grant)


And this photo, I forgot all about it and I just love it!
It was taken on my wedding day with my closest friends who stood with me, (Pamela Griggs Cunningham and SueAnne Feener Messieo). We were all putting on our mascara and Sue's son, my "nephew" Donnie was taking a peak - so sweet!


Speaking of our wedding day....I can't believe in two days, we celebrate of 20th anniversary - can't believe it! So grateful to be married to this man!

Okay, back to sorting photos, but stay tuned....'cuz if you've hung in with me this long....I promise, I'll post more :o)
Melle




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog for father's day.

Great photos to remember of Scott and the girls.

The love shines through in the photos from the Dad to the daughters and from the daughters to the Dad.

Thanks for sharing!

GramG

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails