Friday, January 2, 2009

I did it!

In my goal to "aspire" to be more than I am right now tonight I finally did it - I just filled out my application for employment at Walt Disney World! I have every hope that I will work there this summer as a Disney Photopass Photographer.
Actually, I started my web surfing tonight trying to find some photography, or digital editing classes here in the Ocala area. Nothing. So that led me to back to the Daytona Beach Community College website. DBCC is where a lifetime ago, I started a degree in photography, but never finished. Well, although the idea still has potential, at this point and time, I don't really want to take classes for the purpose of a career, I just want to take classes for the purpose of knowledge.... an unusual college concept, I know.
The next search led me to the University of FL - I know - yuck - but since I am a graduate and the drive would be shorter....but that would be a tireless pursuit. Any "meat and potatoes" courses are restricted to junior level or have so many prerequisites - UF - good for it's red tape!
And so, that finally led me to a website I was checking frequently, but then forgot all about it once I got so busy at work - jobs at Disney! I'll keep you posted (no pun intended :o))

And so, in the meantime, I'm still interested in photography or digital editing classes in the area or can even trade services if anyone can tutor me?? hmm??

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Good luck with the Disney venture. I know as much as your family loves disney it would be perfect for you. Good luck on finding any classes in the area.
Keep us posted and looking forward to seeing you at the retreat. Tell Michele you have better seating arrangements;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails