Sunday, March 29, 2009

And she's off!


(Andrea on right, her friend and roomie, Dakotah on left)
Andrea is off and away on her 8th grade field trip to Washington D.C.!
If the photo looks like it was taken in the dark....well, it was! Midnight to be exact. Which for some, that wouldn't be so bad, however, keep in mind, that we live about 40 min. away from school and I am NOT a night person. So we left our house around 11:00 pm and I was back in my cozy bed and fast asleep by 1:30 am. Departure went smoothly and we eagerly await her first phone call tonight. Today was mostly travel and dinner at a resaurant called Fudrucker's in VA. Tomorrow will be the photo op in front of the White House and Mt. Vernon. I'll try to post everyday to keep you up to date. She of course has two cameras with enough memory cards for about 900 photos. I just asked her to remember to pass her camera to someone else so she will be in the pictures sometimes! :)

Personally, I am busy busy preparing for my annual student art show. McKenna and all her fellow first graders will be performing a music concert the same week of my show, so if you are looking for something to do, come on out Friday, April 17th, art show open at 5:00, outdoor concert at 6:00. Bring lawn chairs!

Happy Spring Break to my dear friends on vacation! Think of me please, we are standardized testing this week!

Love to all!
Melle

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Sorry y'all are going through those tests this week. I surely hope something will change with that in the future.
And your definitely bravier than I, but I am sure Andrea will have a great time. Can't wait to see some of the pictures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails