Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm okay

Inquiring minds wanted to know, "What's up? Where are you? It's your Spring Break, how come you haven't blogged?"
You are too sweet to ask, so here is the latest....
It would seem that my Spring Break is reserved for putting up my student art show - well worth it, but oh so much work. Here you can see display panels up in my room - however, they are still empty!

Here you can see piles of art work matted, labeled and ready to hang;
And here you can see even MORE piles waiting to be matted and labeled! Each student also has their "artist's interview and photo" beside their art work. This is what is so time consuming, but it was something that I started two years ago and I just can't bring myself to stop. I think it is something that is both rewarding for the student and the parent.

I think I mentioned once before, Friday night April 17th the First Graders (that's McKenna) will sing a few songs at 6:00 pm. The art show will be open at 5:00 for its last night. Love to see you there! :) Don't worry if you can't come though, I will post pictures here!
Actually, I do enjoy working on all this and I am still being creative over Spring Break, I just can't stand the stress (and fear) of not finishing in time.
Spring Break did include an amazing visit to The Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, with my dear friend Sue as our guide. (As a matter of fact, we were her very first guided group - a VERY big deal - thank you for such a wonderful day!) The first of many photos to come below:


What with the photos Andrea brought home from DC and my photos at the Cat Rescue, I have plenty to work on, oh, and we plan to do the Butterfly Rainforest on Friday - yippee - now I'll just need a day off :)
By the by, all you "word smart" people out there - PLEASE go ahead and tell me the difference between it's and its 'cuz I'm sure I've already missed it up in this post! :)
Love to all,
Melle



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails