Getting the Christmas tree up and decorated today was big (thank you Andrea and McKenna - did I mention I LOVE them this age?), but bigger than that was getting all of the photos scanned AND uploaded for the "fond farewells" that go in our elementary yearbook. (Did I ever mention that I am this year's yearbook advisor - 'cause I just don't have enough to do.)
So while scanning, (Gail found me the cutest and fastest little portable mini-scanner for my birthday....I love it and have so many plans for it......) anyway, while scanning, my mom has left some old photos over here....they are on our "to do list".....so I thought I'd share a few in random order and unedited:
Of the top 10 favorite photos that have ever been taken in my life, this is one of them. This is my grandfather, Paul S. Ballif. For me, my grandfather walked on water. This is the way I remember him. This is what being from Colorado always meant to me. Log cabins, fishing, horse back riding, my grandfather smiling and his denim jacket. Thankfully, I still have that jacket.
Here you can tell that my grandfather was a lot older, but look at that landscape. My grandfather's backyard in Boulder was my favorite place to play. It was there that he taught me about snapdragons, black eyed susans and roses. It was where I had an inner-tube for a swing. Before steal belted tires, the tires on our automobiles were filled with an "inner-tube". These were soft, bouncy and a lot of fun when they hung from a sturdy branch of a tree. I'm on the right, I'm guessing about 17 and my mom is on the left. I always like these 3 generation pictures.
This is from one of those top 10 favorite photos taken during my lifetime. Me. I think about the age of 21. Hiking boots, over-sized shirt, comphy jeans, perfect hair, my first mickey mouse watch that I bought with my very own paycheck from Walt Disney World, and the Rocky Mountains in the background. Other than being very lonely during that time of my life, this was about as close to how I always imagined my life would be like. I even had a 35mm camera with me that day and took some pretty good pictures.
Awww, my first of two John Denver concerts. Ironically, I saw him in Daytona Beach and my little one bedroom loft apartment was only about 6 blocks away from the Ocean Center where the concert took place. My mom was with me :o). It was her first concert, too. Me, living beach side! I wouldn't do it today and I'm pretty certain I won't let my girls do it at 19!
Oh my gosh, you can tell my teenage years were during the 80's! Look at me! Stonewashed jeans. (Apparently I loved these. Almost every photo posted today includes stonewashed jeans.) Shoulder pads in my matching stonewashed jacket, side pony tail and big hair. Of course, that is a new perm I have, just in case my already big hair wasn't big enough!
I totally have no memory of this photo....it's weird.....yes, the photo is a little weird, but I mean it's weird I can't remember this picture. I can't even place where it was taken. I mean, that is my stuff on the dresser and the wall behind me, but I can't figure out where in the world I am. I'm pretty sure it was while I was in Daytona Beach at photography school because I'm guessing this was a self-portrait assignment. I only share it today really because of those stone washed jeans...oh my gosh, I'd love to be that skinny again!
Well, I had a few more photos for tonight's post, but now Blogger won't let me add any more....guess that means I've probably bored you enough and will head off to bed.
Tomorrow will be Thanksgiving Eve, the rest of the week will go very fast from here. I'm hoping however to still get in some crafting time tomorrow and one more blog update before the weekend.
love to all.
May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the ones you love!
Melle
2 comments:
What a jog down Memory Lane! I don' t remember that one of you/mirror either. But that watch was in the collage you did at Sante Fe, right?
Many different sides and faces to my sweet Melle growing up.
Love,
Y.M.
You are still as beautiful as ever, no wonder the girls are so pretty, but of course I am predious.
Great photos and I am glad you like your birthday present.
Love to all,
Mom G.
Post a Comment