Donna Downey is the one who inspired me in the first place to create these canvas pieces I've been doing. (And it was Yvonne and Stephanie who introduced me to Donna - thank you Yvonne and Stephanie!!!) My grand plan was to make a canvas piece of me with each scrapbook artist/designer I've met, then have it autographed when I get to see them again and display these in my studio. Well, of course, I only have one finished. Nothing like a deadline to help you focus.
The truth is, I've paid a fortune to see her in Palatka (of all places) this Saturday. I signed up about 8 weeks ago for 3 classes that will take me 12 hours to complete. About 24 hours after I paid, I felt really guilty; worried about the money I spent and tried to cancel, but of course, the store doesn't give refunds on classes. So, I finally found comfort in telling myself that apparently that's where I'm supposed to be.
So now, naturally, I'm worrying about what to wear!
I did stop by Beall's after work today and bought a new outfit. It too was a small fortune and of course I'm feeling guilty about that. I'll sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning.
Love to all!!
Photos on Sunday......promise!
Melle
Okay, confession, if you click on the photo of my canvas piece, it will enlarge the photo and you will find that I tried to write on the front of the piece. I so wish I hadn't done that, but I did. Then, of course, I misspelled a word! I can fix it, but just didn't before I posted the photo. Those of you who know me so well, know that it wouldn't be by Melle if there wasn't something misspelled!
1 comment:
The duds look GREAT -- Andrea did a good job helping you!! Stop that about Clairol.
I demand a photo of you after this workshop with your outfit!
As for your little spelling error, just put quotes around "breathe" --but you probably won't. :)
Don't fret the cost now, you are going to reap the spoils of a grand time!
Love you,
Y.M.
Post a Comment