Thank God We Are On Fall Break!!!!!!!
To my good friends who are not on Fall Break yet, I'm thinking of you and can't imagine how you are making it to work or school these next few days??
I do have a very long list of things to accomplish during this time off, but I'm afraid I keep taking this word "break" too literally.
Saturday morning I was wide awake at 5:35, but then took a break and watched TV in bed until 8:00. Then I did get a shower and started some laundry, but needed a break from that and played lots of Wii games with the girls. Scott got home and I needed a break from all the gaming I was doing so we all went to the movies. Scott and I got to see Harry Potter 7 part 1, which we were very happy with and the girls wanted to see Megamind. (I really love the girls this age since they could go sit in another theater without us - cool). I was worn out from all that eating popcorn and drinking soda, so we took a break and had lunch at Logan's. When we got home, Scott did mow the yard and I did clean up the studio. I even managed a few gift tags....not holiday tags as is my goal, but it often takes awhile to "get in the zone"..... so I took a break and went to bed.
Sunday morning Scott was off to work, so I actually did tackle some real housework. Since I'll be giving the girls a little extra spending money for Black Friday, I thought let's make the chores a little more fun (if that's possible). For every little task they did, it was worth $1 or $2. And if there was a complaint I got a dollar back. That did seemed to keep them more motivated and we worked like that all morning, until.......I needed a break! We then had lunch with Nana. :o)
Feeling a little recharged from my break, I then did tackle the grocery shopping at Walmart. What was I thinking? It was crazy busy....the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Why didn't I go in the morning like I usually do?? Well of course, once I got home, unloaded, put-away and then fed the kids, I needed a break so I played some more Wii games with McKenna and headed to bed!
(actually, the girls did whip up a birthday cake for Grandpa and Grandma and Grandpa came to visit for just a little while before I went to bed)
And this morning, still recovering from my Walmart experience, I did drag myself out of bed by 8:00. The carpets were getting cleaned today and we had plenty to move out of the way. I then got the dishwasher going, the laundry going, headed out to the studio because I finally envisioned the gifts I'm going to give to McKenna's teachers, sat down and then realized I needed a break so McKenna and I headed to Michael's. And as you can guess, I sure needed a break from all that craft shopping, so I painted and stamped in the studio all afternoon until the carpet man got here at 5:00. Well, watching him wore me out, so we took a break and went out to eat (my first visit to a Wing House - not as much fun as this summer's first visit to a Hooters - that's when I got to drink lots of ice cold Coors Light and walked back to my hotel room!). Still feeling rested, as a family we tackled the rest of the holiday food shopping at Publix (the produce is way better there, which is important since we are having Scott's vegetable lasagna for Thanksgiving). Although, Publix was not near as bad at Walmart, I was feeling a little fatigued, so I took a break and thought I'd rest while I wrote this post.
(I do apologize for writing such a long post and describing every teeny tiny detail of my last three days. I am obviously trying to make up for my lack of blogging. I'll try to get back on a more regular routine and include photos to write about next time!!)
Whew! I'm tired. I think I'll take a break and head to bed. :o)
Best wishes to you and yours this holiday season!!!
Love,
Melle
2 comments:
i think when it's a BREAK you are allowed to do anything you wish.. :)
since i'm now a stay at home mama i'll be hitting you up sometime in 2011 to visit your classroom, if the invite is still open :)
YAY! You finally took another BREAK to write about your BREAKS. May there be more frequent ones in the holidays to come!
Now I expect your next BREAK to be crafting with Me and POSTING on your blog after, during another...(starts with a "B".)
Love,
Y.M.
Post a Comment