Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tag, you're it!

I can't explain it, but I just kept playing with inks and stampin' tonight.....my studio is a mess again, but I just didn't want the time this evening to end. I made lot's of gift tags and started this year's December Daily album.

The Red Ones, inspired by Tim Holtz. His have many more layers, but I just can't see making each one a piece of art, when most likely they will get tossed anyway.

Some more Red Ones.

The Green Ones. Funny, I'm not really all that into green, but I liked these okay.

Rats, why didn't this photo turn out? Well, it's 11:30 and I'm not doing a re-shoot now.
These are The Blue Ones.

These are The Candy Cane tags that McKenna helped me finish for her teachers. The plan is to attached a tag to a small bundle of candy canes. Those will be tied to the handle of the brown gift bags. Inside each gift bag will be these neat red and white insulated tumblers we found on sale at Hobby Lobby. I'll fill the bag with a variety of hot chocolate and decorate with raffia and red bow. I would of done all that today, only to realize I don't have any more brown bags w/ handles!!


These are just a few tags I made with some scraps I found. I wanted to use my new embossing folder that I got to use in my new Cuttlebug....the machine, that I just had to have, but don't have the time to use!



Last year I was inspired by Ali Edwards who keeps a December Daily album. I actually made one last year and even took and printed pictures that captures moments and traditions special to us....however, I didn't finish the journaling until tonight....even then, I still have a little bit more to do!

I did start this year's book as well.

Here's the outside so far,

and the inside.....so far. You can tell I'm going with a swirl or flourish theme. They are my favorite at the moment, so why not?!


And for those of you who made it through this blog entry all the way to the end, here is an oldie from the photos I've been scanning. A vintage Scott and Melle photo! Oh my gosh, look, even before he had a ring on that finger!! Had to be around 1990.
There's more....stay tuned......

Oh, if I could just keep you a little longer, I did snap a photo of McKenna looking through each ornament before she hung it and another of Andrea hanging a few.

And yes, together they managed the angel on top of the tree for another year :o)

Good-night everyone.
May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving day!
Sincerely,
Melle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fully expected to see some of the tags up, but WOW, what a variety! You also got to do a lot more than tags, I see! Very impressive! Love 'em!

The pic's of the girls and tree bring tears to my eyes...only yesterday they were so much younger!

We shall have a happy Thanksgiving!

Love,

Y.M.

Anonymous said...

On that picture of you young lovers, I've never seen Scott so youg and wearing SUCH a happy face! In fact, he could win a contest for Happy Guy Photo, if one such existed in those days!

Love,
Y.M.

Anonymous said...

Your work is wonderful! Great tags and book.

Scott and you still have that youthful look!

Of course, the girls are beautiful!

Love,
Mom G.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails