They made me think of her.
I wonder why.
But then I bought these
But I bought these the other day
Cuz' I bought this today too!
Oh my gosh.Help!
No, I haven't won the lottery or even found a money tree.
But,
(nothing good can start with "but")
I've been in need of a new point and shoot camera for so long now. I even finished the yearbook last year with a camera that worked sometimes and sometimes not.
I've so loved my EasyShare camera, but I've had it so long that they don't make the same model anymore. Spent an hour on the phone with Kodak, and this is the one I've decided to try. I've ordered it, but I don't think it will be here in time for The 4th....too bad.....but there will be plenty of other opportunities to break it in. :o)
The other stuff.....
Well, most of you know, I LOVE the artist Donna Downey and thanks to She Scrapbooks, Donna was in town last weekend. It was my third visit with Donna, but I was more excited because it was McKenna's first.
Donna had all of us inky in no time.
McKenna loved it.
Donna loved it.
McKenna loved Donna.
And Donna's youngest daughter Payton loved McKenna.
It was the coolest experience.
Studio. love me my studio.
I avoid the house and come straight to the studio every free moment while at home.
I also love that McKenna enjoys it as much as me.
We have room for Andrea and sometimes she comes and sometimes not. At 16, I'll take what I can get.
You may recall that I got a new sewing machine this month (Honest,I have not pawned my great-grandmother's wedding ring.) and McKenna has enjoyed breaking it in for me.
I just love this, cuz' I can so remember when I was 9 and my mom taught me how to run the bobbin, thread the machine and gave me paper towels to sew on and I spent hours "playing" on her sewing machine.This is also beneficial to me, for I plan to sew these pieces together to make a patchwork curtain with (yes to hide some clutter) and McKenna is sewing the decorative stitches for me. Cool!
One more McKenna story to end on:
Andrea did very well on the FCAT, so Daddy treated her to a new PlayStation2 and some new games (she did have to pay half); McKenna also did very well on the FCAT so I treated her to a shopping spree at Build-a-Bear in Gainesville (she also had to pay half).
We had such a nice time. After a new bear, we looked at some shoppes for me, went to Claire's, had lunch at Chick-fil-a, had chocolate chip cookies with lots of gooey icing for dessert and hit Michael's on the way home.
I think it's safe to say, I wore her out.Off to play with my new stamps!
Best wishes everyone.
Melle
3 comments:
First reaction: LOVE THE PHOTOS! Especially the one of McKenna working at the Donna D. workshop with a certain red apron from my trip with you to Salt Lake City to attend the World Horror Convention(where I won a Stoker for a poetry collection) in 2008. It has a Skull on it. Note the other photos, she is trying to cover it up. LOL!!
More later!
Love, Y.M.
Great blog! The photos are fabulous. Love Andrea's party one. It was cool to see McKenna's new bear, even if she is asleep. Looks like everyone had a great time at the She scraps workshop.
Love, Grandma
I love the stamps and can't wait to see how you use them to embellish Andrea's gorgeous 16th birthday photo!!!!!
Also, that new camera should get a good work-out in months to come. I sure hope it's "the one" for you.
Why should anyone want to stop you? You finally have time to unwind and explode with all the great ideas you've had during the working year!
Which reminds me, if you ever get time to sleep late, you must take advantage of it!
Love,
Y.M.
Post a Comment